Auckland Subaru Specialist
Independent Subaru Service & Repair Specialist
As an independent Subaru specialist Highbrook Automotive offer the service you would expect from a main dealer coupled with the levels of personal service our customers have come to rely upon.
You will get dealer quality service without the price tag…. Whether your Subaru needs a routine service or a complete engine rebuild then you have come to the right place. You can rely on us to carry out all your scheduled maintenance, even when your car is under warranty.
- We know Subaru’s inside out
- Wide range of diagnostic equipment for accurate diagnosis of problems
- 17 years working on Subaru vehicles from performance upgrades and modifications, to rebuilding engines for rally cars
Why I should take my Subaru to Highbrook Automotive
- Subaru’s are our passion – We know Subaru’s inside out
- Our team are trained in Subaru’s and we have a wide range of diagnostic equipment for accurate diagnosis of problems
- We have extensive knowledge gained from 17 years working on Subaru vehicles from performance upgrades and modifications, to rebuilding engines for rally cars
How often should I service my Subaru
- Every 10,000 km or 6 months – periodic service
- Every 50,000km or 30 months – periodic service plus complete vehicle fluid change
- Every 100,000km or 5 years – periodic service plus complete vehicle fluid change
and replace Cambelt (timing belt)
- Additional servicing may be required for turbocharged and diesel vehicles or heavy use (i.e. towing)
Why is it necessary to replace my Cambelt (timing belt)
- Cambelts naturally wear and require replacement over a certain time frame or mileage interval. Recommended replacement is at 100,000km or 5 years. We also suggest you replace the water pump, tensioners, idler bearings and usually the oil seals at the same time. These other components have done the same mileage as the cambelt, and it more economical to replace at this time than later.
- If your cambelt breaks, the timing process is effectively ruined and there is a high risk of serious engine damage. Without the cambelt, the pistons move freely and separate the engine valves so a simple ‘miss-time’ can lead to a collision of these parts.
Why simultaneous WOF and servicing makes sense
- Ensures that all areas of your vehicle’s condition is taken care of, keeping your vehicle running smoothly and reducing future costly repairs
- Ensures your vehicle effortlessly passes every WOF inspection
- Keeps money in your pocket – FREE WOF with a full service